RFR: 8054572: [macosx] JComboBox paints the border incorrectly [v6]

Damon Nguyen dnguyen at openjdk.org
Wed Aug 17 22:37:46 UTC 2022

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 00:14:30 GMT, Harshitha Onkar <honkar at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Tested on Mac 12.3. The editable combobox looks quite close to the non editable one.
>
> > Ideally, the textfield also should have a focus border around it similar to button, so it will look uniform, so instead of removing border from button, we can try to draw focus border around textfield.
>
> Just a thought: As @prsadhuk suggested earlier, carrying forward the focus ring style & thickness of the button over to the textfield might help in giving the editable combobox (textfield + button) a unified look when it has focus.
>
> ![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/95945681/185005697-be9eb779-15fb-4792-95df-77c3917a80cc.png)
>
> ![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/95945681/185005741-1bb845c2-4aad-41b0-bf0e-1e965dc7c9c2.png)
>
> Minor changes: Copyright year for AquaComboBoxUI needs to be updated Adding MacOS test - either in the instructionText or summary of the test.

Updated the copyright and text. For the border, I brought this topic up in previous talks and it was noted that the current appearance is sufficient, at least for now. The editable combobox uses the default textfield's focusborder and an additional issue can be created for updating the focus border to match the button's.