RFR: 8288882: JFileChooser - empty (0 bytes) file is displayed as 1 KB [v22]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Sun Aug 21 21:12:48 UTC 2022

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 10:40:14 GMT, Abhishek Kumar <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JFileChooser - empty file size issue fixed.
>> For empty file, now the size 0 KB.
>> Manual Test Case "FileSizeCheck.java" created.
>
> Abhishek Kumar has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Updated as per review comment

src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/swing/FilePane.java line 1261:

> 1259:
> 1260:         private static double formatToDoubleValue(long len) {
> 1261:             return (len / 100L) / 10.0d;

First "formatToDouble" isn't really a very good name for this.
Perhaps I could provide a better one if I could be sure of what the intent is here but
at the very least this method needs comments explaining what it is doing AND why.

The first (len / 100L) expression means that (eg)
100 and 199 will both become 1 and the return value of the method is 0.1

So rounding DOWN is happening here, whereas (separately) we round UP for value < 100 ..

So anything from 1  byte to 199 bytes will be 0.1 KB ?

The test doesn't seem to cover this case.