RFR: 7030853: JDK 7 Serializable Swing classes not compatible with JDK 6 [v2]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Thu Dec 8 03:30:54 UTC 2022

> The serialized form of the following classes in JDK 7 builds are not compatible with prior versions of Java:
>     javax.swing.text.html.parser.ParserDelegator
>     javax.swing.LayoutComparator
> They need to be declared as not compatible between releases in the API documentation, as is the case for some other serializable Swing classes.
>
> Since It is widely known that serialized Swing classes are not comptible between major releases, we just didn't add the warning at that couple classes.
> Added the warning..

Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:

 - Serialzation warning added in javax.swing package
 - Serialzation warning added in javax.swing package

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/11565/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/11565/files/bbb0dfd0..1994358f

Webrevs: