RFR: 7030853: JDK 7 Serializable Swing classes not compatible with JDK 6 [v7]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Fri Dec 16 12:03:52 UTC 2022

On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 03:32:28 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The serialized form of the following classes in JDK 7 builds are not compatible with prior versions of Java:
>>     javax.swing.text.html.parser.ParserDelegator
>>     javax.swing.LayoutComparator
>> They need to be declared as not compatible between releases in the API documentation, as is the case for some other serializable Swing classes.
>>
>> Since It is widely known that serialized Swing classes are not comptible between major releases, we just didn't add the warning at that couple classes.
>> Added the warning..
>
> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Add missing .

Changes requested by aivanov (Reviewer).

src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/LayoutComparator.java line 39:

> 37:  * position. Code adapted from original javax.swing.DefaultFocusManager
> 38:  * implementation.
> 39:  * <strong>Warning:</strong>

There should be a `<p>` tag before the Warning, otherwise, the warning will not start from a new line (paragraph), it will continue the previous paragraph. See `JComponent`, for example: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/JComponent.java#L204-L205

src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/text/html/parser/ParserDelegator.java line 45:

> 43:  * each time its parse method is invoked. Stores a
> 44:  * reference to the dtd.
> 45:  * <strong>Warning:</strong>

Missing `<p>`.