RFR: JDK-8266245: AWT Test FullScreenInsets.java fails due to incorrect pixel color and wrong window bounds [v2]

Harshitha Onkar honkar at openjdk.org
Thu Dec 22 22:05:50 UTC 2022

On Thu, 22 Dec 2022 20:39:33 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Why can't we scan all the pixels? It was the purpose of the test to ensure each window has the exact color. Does it take very long time?

There isn't a significant time difference but I think it might be a better and efficient way. Since the right and bottom scans span across the entire height and width of full screen window, it can test the extent of full screen window effectively.

> Why is color tolerance needed? Is it to account for High DPI display? Can we use [`Robot.createMultiResolutionScreenCapture`](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/api/java.desktop/java/awt/Robot.html#createMultiResolutionScreenCapture(java.awt.Rectangle)) to ensure the `BufferedImage` contains the actual pixels rather a scaled down version?

There seems to be color issues at certain locations the color is not exactly red or green hence the testColor check fails on some platforms. I'll have to recheck and test the artifacts like Sergey mentioned it earlier.