RFR: JDK-8016524: [macosx] Bottom line is not visible for JTableHeader [v4]

Harshitha Onkar duke at openjdk.java.net
Wed Feb 2 18:41:17 UTC 2022

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 02:44:04 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Harshitha Onkar has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   tagged test case as mac only
>
> src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/com/apple/laf/AquaTableHeaderBorder.java line 108:
>
>> 106:         final int newHeight = height;
>> 107:
>> 108:         painter.paint(g, c, newX - 1, newY - 1, newWidth + 1, newHeight + 1);
>
> I would like to clarify the change here, what is the coordinates/size passed here is it a size of the component+border, or just a size of the component? So if decrease the newX/Y will we draw in the component area, or accidentally draw outside?

@mrserb   It is the size of component + border. The component being painted here is `DefaultTableCellHeaderRenderer`.

Tested under two cases
1. Decreasing x & y, keeping width & height same as above - Border gets drawn inside the component area making header look smaller.
2. Decreasing width & height, keeping x & y same - Border is not visible