RFR: JDK-8016524: [macosx] Bottom line is not visible for JTableHeader [v4]

Harshitha Onkar duke at openjdk.java.net
Thu Feb 3 02:15:12 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 23:48:11 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> @mrserb   It is the size of component + border. The component being painted here is `DefaultTableCellHeaderRenderer`.
>>
>> Tested under two cases
>> 1. Decreasing x & y, keeping width & height same as above - Border gets drawn inside the component area making header look smaller.
>> 2. Decreasing width & height, keeping x & y same - Border is not visible
>
> If it is a size of the component+border then how we can draw outside of it by decreasing the x/y?

@mrserb Sorry, what I meant to convey is that the coordinate arguments sent to painter.paint() is including the component + border, and newX, newY, newHeight, newWidth are coordinates of component only.
So when newX and newY are decreased by more than 1 in paint() method, border seems to be drawn **inside** the component area and not **outside** (in this case within the table header)