RFR: 8281296: Create a regression test for JDK-4515999 [v2]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Mon Feb 7 22:05:05 UTC 2022

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 15:23:57 GMT, Manukumar V S <mvs at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Create a regression test for [JDK-4515999](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4515999)
>> Create a test which checks whether incrementing dates via the keyboard (up/down) gives the same results as when using mouse press on the arrow buttons in a JSpinner.
>
> Manukumar V S has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Fixed review comments: JSpinner access in EDT,formatting changes,BUTTON1_DOWN_MASK,Copyright header

test/jdk/javax/swing/JSpinner/4515999/JSpinnerMouseAndKeyPressTest.java line 111:

> 109:                     spinnerEditorWidth = spinner.getEditor().getWidth();
> 110:                     spinnerButtonWidth = spinner.getWidth() - spinnerEditorWidth;
> 111:                     spinnerQuarterHeight = spinner.getHeight() / 4;

I'm unsure it's valid to get the location on screen right after calling `setVisible(true)` on the frame. The size of the spinner should be valid but the location may be `null`. I suggest calling `getLocationOnScreen()` in another `invokeAndWait` to let the EDT one process the events after making the frame visible on the screen.