RFR: 8275345: RasterFormatException when drawing a tiled image made of non-writable rasters [v2]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Thu Feb 10 23:38:09 UTC 2022

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 10:22:43 GMT, Martin Desruisseaux <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> This commit fixes a `RasterFormatException` thrown when `Graphics2D.drawRenderedImage(…)` is invoked with an image containing tiles that are instances of `Raster` but not `WritableRaster`.

> Martin Desruisseaux has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Add jtreg @test, @bug and @summary tags. Remove HTML <pre> tags. Edit comments.

test/jdk/java/awt/image/DrawImage/TiledImage.java line 98:

> 96:  */
> 97: final class TiledImage implements RenderedImage {

Still not right. Now you added the tags I ran under jtreg and it errored out.
result: Error. java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class com.sun.javatest.regtest.agent.MainWrapper$MainThread cannot access a member of class TiledImage with modifiers "public static

Basically change "final" to "public" - or at least add public.

Might be prudent to try this for yourself - and useful for the future.
jtreg instructions for building it can be found here : https://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/build.html
Very possibly there's someone that provides a pre-built binary. There's none on OpenJDK.