RFR: 8281555: [macos] Get rid of deprecated Style Masks constants

Dmitry Markov dmarkov at openjdk.java.net
Fri Feb 11 15:47:11 UTC 2022

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 22:57:41 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> DId you check that all new constants are work the same way as the old one? For example the doc for the new "[NSWindowStyleMaskUnifiedTitleAndToolbar](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nswindowstylemask/nswindowstylemaskunifiedtitleandtoolbar)" "said it has no effect".

I tested it a bit and didn’t notice any changes in the behaviour. The client-libs tests on mach5 are green too.

Actually the replacement of legacy style mask constants is recommended by Apple, see the following section in NSWindow.h file https://github.com/phracker/MacOSX-SDKs/blob/master/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/Headers/NSWindow.h#L958

As for "[NSWindowStyleMaskUnifiedTitleAndToolbar](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nswindowstylemask/nswindowstylemaskunifiedtitleandtoolbar)" the full doc statement:
“This constant has no effect, because all windows that include a toolbar use the unified style.” It looks like a feature introduced recently.