RFR: 8281738: Create a regression test for checking the 'Space' key activation of focused Button [v2]

Manukumar V S mvs at openjdk.java.net
Thu Feb 17 02:17:06 UTC 2022

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 22:50:50 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Manukumar V S has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Fixed review comments: waitForIdle() added after frame creation and waits until button gains focus
>
> test/jdk/javax/swing/JButton/SpaceKeyActivatesButton.java line 39:
>
>> 37:
>> 38: /*
>> 39:  * @test
>
> @bug ?
>
> And I presume you've verified this using mach 5?
>
> Also do we actually specify that Space generates an ActionEvent on a Button ?
> I'm wondering what is the motivation for this test.

I couldn't find any bug associated with this, that's why @bug label was not given. I had created a test for [JDK-4659800](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4659800) -> https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/7296 which verifies the action of 'Enter' key on focused button, but it was applicable for Windows platform(Windows and Windows Classic LnFs) only. So just thought of creating a test which is applicable for all platforms and in all LnFs. This doc https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/api/java.desktop/java/awt/event/ActionEvent.html says that "To invoke an ActionEvent on a Button using the keyboard, use the Space bar", so I created a general test which checks this fact as I couldn't find any existing test related to this use case.
This is well tested using mach5 and the link is attached in the bug.