RFR: 8281738: Create a regression test for checking the 'Space' key activation of focused Button [v5]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Mon Feb 21 20:44:55 UTC 2022

On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 07:47:34 GMT, Manukumar V S <mvs at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This test verifies in all platforms and in all 'Look and Feels' that pressing the 'Space' key generates ActionEvent on focused Button or not.
>
> Manukumar V S has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Review comments fixed: A CountDownLatch used instead of polling loop, frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE)

test/jdk/javax/swing/JButton/SpaceKeyActivatesButton.java line 78:

> 76:                 SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(() -> {
> 77:                     lafSetSuccess.set(setLookAndFeel(laf));
> 78:                     // Call createUI() only if setting LnF succeeded.

It's better to be consistent: the code uses `laf`, then `L&F` and the comments use `LnF`. Too many ways to refer to one thing.

One-line comments, like this one, usually don't have ending punctuation. However, I'm nitpicking now.

test/jdk/javax/swing/JButton/SpaceKeyActivatesButton.java line 91:

> 89:                 // Wait until the button2 gains focus.
> 90:                 if (!buttonGainedFocusLatch.await(3, TimeUnit.SECONDS)) {
> 91:                     throw new RuntimeException("Test Failed, waited for long, " +

Suggestion:

                    throw new RuntimeException("Test Failed, waited too long, " +