RFR: JDK-8276809: java/awt/font/JNICheck/FreeTypeScalerJNICheck.java shows JNI warning on Windows [v3]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Mon Jan 3 20:52:10 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 00:50:37 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The error occurs when starting the tests from the Windows Task scheduler;
> however when running from the task scheduler the error occurs with the fastdebug-JVM not
> when running the opt/product JVM.

hmm. So the task scheduler may not have access to some desktop properties but I still don't see why debug vs product would be different. And the JNU_* function itself makes a sequence of calls without checking for exceptions.
   clazz = (*env)->FindClass(env, class_name);
    if (clazz == 0)
        goto done2;
    mid = (*env)->GetStaticMethodID(env, clazz, name, signature);
    if (mid == 0)
        goto done1;

The specs for these certainly say they may throw exceptions and
I'm very sure the VM doesn't know the code here does a check for ret == 0 so I'm puzzled why the JNU function isn't checking here ?