RFR: 8190264: JScrollBar ignores its border when using macOS Mac OS X Aqua look and feel [v11]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Fri Jan 7 18:38:29 UTC 2022

On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 17:09:37 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The test does not fail for me on the build without the fix. It's confirmed by the image where scroll bar thumb is painted in the border.

I decided to go ahead and experimented with the test. [My latest version](https://github.com/aivanov-jdk/jdk/blob/7ab9cdae8151dd71c60d752991c3d44dc2d0f76e/test/jdk/java/awt/Scrollbar/AquaLFScrollbarTest/ScrollBarBorderTest.java) is available on GitHub. It should work in headless environment. (I noticed that the test doesn't have `@key headful` where it must have been there.) I added saving the images captured if the test fails, which should help in analyzing the failure.

This version of the test fails for me on builds without the fix and passes on the build with the fix included. @alisenchung, you can cherry-pick the changes from my branch into yours.

Probably it's enough to capture only the second image and then check for the color of the border.