RFR: 8279879: [macos] ActionEvent triggered when right-clicking TrayIcon

Alisen Chung achung at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jan 12 16:56:24 UTC 2022

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 03:25:53 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> fixed test bug, removed extra ActionEvent from TrayIcon
>
> test/jdk/java/awt/TrayIcon/RightClickWhenBalloonDisplayed/RightClickWhenBalloonDisplayed.java line 113:
>
>> 111:         robot.mouseRelease(InputEvent.BUTTON3_DOWN_MASK);
>> 112:         robot.delay(1000);
>> 113:         robot.waitForIdle();
>
> The purpose of the test is to check the action event while the balloon is visible after the left click (the balloon is shown on the mouse click event), so removing the left click does not seem correct, no?

Oh, I misunderstood the test. Based on a previous version of this test that was failing I thought the issue was the ActionEvent firing on a TrayIcon right-click that also brought up the balloon message..

I have a few questions about the expected behavior of TrayIcon:
Should ActionEvent be triggered on a normal left-click? How about a normal right-click?
When should ActionEvent not be triggered? Not on right-click during a balloon message? What about left-click during a balloon message?