Kindly request your attention for a really annoying visual Java bug on Linux Mint

Stefan Reich stefan.reich.maker.of.eye at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:44:15 UTC 2022

Hello Alexey,

thanks a lot for investigating and submitting the bug. I don't think I can
sign up at bugs.openjdk.java.net directly, right?

I have also done some further testing, for example on an older version of
Peppermint Linux (also on my ThinkPad). Same kind of errors appear. So it
doesn't seem related to the flavor of Linux used.

I have also tried the source code you produced. It gives the same artifacts
as my original version.

> Perhaps, the calculation of the grid has an error or something like that.

I challenge you to show me the bug in that 10 line function... ^^ (Don't
think the problem is in there)

Originally I had simply tried to make a JWindow covering the whole second
screen and it was completely opaque. That's how I discovered the bug in the
first place.

So... judging from the official bug report it seems this is being
investigated by the proper "authorities", right? That's a very good result
for now.

Many greetings,
Stefan

--