RFR: 8288948: Few J2DBench tests indicate lower primitive drawing performance with metal rendering pipeline [v2]

Ajit Ghaisas aghaisas at openjdk.org
Thu Jul 14 17:21:03 UTC 2022

On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 16:57:27 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> OR it is not possible to draw the lines using different colors in one step?

Exactly this is the point.  If the color is changed (alpha change is also treated as color change) in between these successive draw calls, we end the current vertex batch and issue a draw command for accumulated vertices.
This is the reason MTLPrimitiveTypeLineStrip and MTLPrimitiveTriangleStrip cannot be used with our current vertex batching logic.