RFR: 8277817: java/awt/dnd/BadSerializationTest/BadSerializationTest.java failed: ClassNotFoundException: com.apple.laf.AquaImageFactory$SystemColorProxy [v10]

Liam Miller-Cushon cushon at openjdk.java.net
Wed Mar 2 18:47:09 UTC 2022

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:55:16 GMT, Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi, is there any feedback on this change, or the alternate fix in #7100 that updates the binary files, or the related cleanup in #7099?

Friendly ping.

My opinion is that https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/7099 is a clear improvement to the current test setup, because it preserves the existing behaviour without relying on patching the JDK to disable constructor validation in `DragGestureEvent` and `DragGestureRecognizer` to generate the serialized objects.

Additionally, I think it's worth considering the fix in https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/7100. It includes a minimal fix to the `uninstallDefaults` behaviour of `BasicPanelUI`, which is the only broken uninstall behaviour exercised by the current test, and allows moving the test off the allowlist.

However if the decision is that those approaches aren't worth pursuing, and it would be better to wait to set up comprehensive test coverage for the uninstall bugs in this package ([JDK-8278620](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8278620)), I'm happy to drop these PRs.

Thanks!