RFR: 8190907: Windows 10 default Korean Font Malgun Gothic available not used by GUI elements even though available without Korean Language Pack [v4]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Thu Mar 17 05:34:33 UTC 2022

On Wed, 16 Mar 2022 06:02:28 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Malgun_Gothic(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malgun_Gothic) had replaced Gulim korean font so it needs to be updated to show korean fonts
>
> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   korean fallback added

First I should say that I am not sure as to what I am seeing is right. It is very weird.
So clearly there is still something wrong with the fix. Some of these should not have changed. You'd see it even more clearly if you labelled each of the pieces of text with the font. I don't know what. I'm out of suggestions. It requires debugging which is beyond the scope of reviewing a proposed fix. So you really need to test it is doing what is expected and "something displays" is not enough. It has to be the expected and right something.
So please do that and come back with something that resolves all these problems.

Surely we can't have been displaying this even if you had the Korean font pack ?