RFR: 8283712 : Create a manual test framework class [v3]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.java.net
Sat Mar 26 02:42:47 UTC 2022

On Sat, 26 Mar 2022 02:20:29 GMT, lawrence.andrews <duke at openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> We need a common manual test framework code that can be shared across all the client manual test. This framework class should have the following
>> 1) Frame which contains test instruction .
>> 2) Pass & Fail button so that user can mark the test pass or fail
>> 3) Upon failing the test user should be able to elaborate why the test failed and this can be added to the test failure.
>> 4) Disposing of all the frames.
>>
>> @aivanov-jdk
>
> lawrence.andrews has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Fixed the white space issue

test/jdk/java/awt/regtesthelpers/PassFailJFrame.java line 103:

> 101:      * If user does not select pass or fail button then the test waits for
> 102:      * the specified timeoutMinutes period and the test gets timeout.
> 103:      * This method should not be invoke with in EDT.

This method should not be invoked on the EDT ?

Actually I wonder if we can do better  for this AND the other method.

CHECK if its the EDT and if it is invoke dispose() directly, if it isn't  then use invokeAndWait.

Also remember that SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait is just a wrapper for EventQueue.invokeAndWait

test/jdk/java/awt/regtesthelpers/PassFailJFrame.java line 127:

> 125:                 System.out.println(f.getTitle() + " is getting disposed");
> 126:                 f.dispose();
> 127:             }

I am still not sure about this. I mean it doesn't include Window or Dialog ..
I think that until you can prove otherwise it should destroy only the framework, not start being part of the test.