RFR: 8286822: Write a test to check the DND functionality between two InternalFrames

Jayathirth D V jdv at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 19 16:19:53 UTC 2022

On Thu, 19 May 2022 06:26:24 GMT, Manukumar V S <mvs at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > I dont see an internal PR to remove the applet based closed test. Also why https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8286822 is created as enhancement ?
> > If this test is failing intermittently how many times we have seen this test fail? Like out of 20 times how many times it will fail on Windows 11? This will help us understand how many times we need to test updated test.
>
> I will create an Internal PR to remove the closed test after this PR is integrated(for now I have created a closed bug to track this JDK-8286772). This test is added as a new test in open space, that's why JDK-8286822 was created as an enhancement. This test was failing 1/20 times in Windows 10, but it was failing almost 100% on Windows 11 before the fix. I have attached the failed mach5 runs also in the bug as a confidential comment.

We dont create 2 separate JBS ID's for opening up closed test case. Opening up of test case and deleting closed test case should be handled in single JBS bug ID. Opening up a regression test case should not be handled as enhancement. We add so many of these regression tests as part of normal bugs along with product change.