RFR: 8296083: javax/swing/JTree/6263446/bug6263446.java fails intermittently on a VM [v2]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Wed Nov 16 05:05:53 UTC 2022

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 06:56:20 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Test intermittently fails in VM citing "Tree is not editing". Seems to be problem with mouse clicks not getting registered properly..
>> Similar test test/jdk/javax/swing/JTable/6263446/bug6263446.java is not affected, so made the test similar to it by using same safeguard using Robot.waitForIdle() and modifying clickpoint to tree cell midpoint.
>>
>> Several iterations of the test pass in the OCI VM and all other physical platforms (link in JBS)
>
> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Test update

Just to reiterate, I am not sure why it is failing in OCI systems as I am not able to reproduce in OCI...one time I reproduce it is bcoz of screen lock...So I added this stability checks and made it similar to JTable/6263446.java which results it in passing in OCI in several CI jobs that I gave (link in JBS)...I think we should probably give this stability fixes it a try