RFR: 8282404: DrawStringWithInfiniteXform.java failed with "RuntimeException: drawString with InfiniteXform transform takes long time"

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Wed Nov 16 17:08:01 UTC 2022

On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 04:23:37 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> It seems timer.cancel() says "Terminates this timer, discarding any currently scheduled tasks."

Yes, that's the intention.

> so it might disregard the "done" check been done in ScheduleTask resulting in false positive...

If we reach timer.cancel() before the timer fires off the task we don't need the task
canceling it means the test can exit immediately - not wait 20 or 30 seconds.

If it does fire because cancel is too slow, it will see "done==true"

So perhaps I'm not following your point ?

> Should we do Thread.yield() instead?

No.