RFR: 8296632: Write a test to verify the content change of TextArea sends TextEvent. [v4]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Wed Nov 16 19:18:07 UTC 2022

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:20:55 GMT, ravi gupta <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This testcase Verify the content changes of a TextArea for the following assertions.
>>
>> a. TextListener get invoked when the content of a TextArea gets changed.
>> b. TextListener not get invoked during text selection or when Special keys such as Function Keys are pressed.
>>

>> Testing:
>> Tested using Mach5(20 times per platform) in macos,linux and windows and got all pass.
>
> ravi gupta has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   8296632: Review fixes.

Marked as reviewed by prr (Reviewer).

test/jdk/java/awt/event/ComponentEvent/TextAreaTextEventTest.java line 72:

> 70:
> 71:             typeKey(KeyEvent.VK_T);
> 72:

In theory the autoWaitForIdle should ensure that events are processed. We'll see.
If you find otherwise then here (and after typing the Enter key) it might be safer to do an additional robot.delay(500);
You want to give every chance to process these events.