RFR: 8165943: LineBreakMeasurer does not measure correctly if TextAttribute.TRACKING is set.

Jayathirth D V jdv at openjdk.org
Wed Nov 23 08:42:40 UTC 2022

On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 16:51:27 GMT, Olga Mikhaltsova <omikhaltcova at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is a fix for LineBreakMeasurer. It takes into account the TextAttribute.TRACKING value (not eq 0) while calculating the line breaks.
>
> Tested on Linux x64, Windows x64, macOS x64 with the reproducer (LineBreakSample.java) attached to JDK-8165943 and the following group of tests:
> `$JTREG_HOME/bin/jtreg -jdk:$BUILD_HOME ./test/jdk/java/awt/font`

Change looks okay to me.
Verified the fix locally and line break works properly with tracking now.

Attached image with tracking 0.1 before and after fix.

Before fix :

![BeforeFix](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/38106814/203501840-496c9b2c-fd67-4a48-bd01-64c878b05c3f.png)

After fix :
![AfterFix](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/38106814/203501881-7ef6298a-667f-4fa1-8dab-b504ce2992c0.png)

Also client test run in our CI with this fix is green.
Let's wait for Phil's review also.

Its better if we can add jtreg(regression) test along with fix.
It can be a manual test, if we can't automate it.