RFR: JDK-8294618: Update openjdk.java.net => openjdk.org [v7]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Mon Oct 3 20:08:19 UTC 2022

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 17:29:45 GMT, Joe Darcy <darcy at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> With the domain change from openjdk.java.net to openjdk.org, references to URLs in the sources should be updated.
>>
>> Updates were made using a shell script. I"ll run a copyright updater before any push.
>
> Joe Darcy has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Update make directory.

src/jdk.accessibility/windows/native/include/bridge/AccessBridgeCalls.h line 36:

> 34:  * https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/blob/master/src/jdk.accessibility/windows/native/bridge/AccessBridgeCalls.c
> 35:  *
> 36:  * Also note that the API is used in the jaccessinspector and jaccesswalker tools.

The problem with this is, is that anyone who gets JDK 20 (or 21 the LTS) will be forever more then pointed at the OpenJDK "tip" and if we made an incompatible ABI change, that would be a problem.
At this point I'd prefer that this be updated to point to JDK 17, as in
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk17/blob/master/src/jdk.accessibility/windows/native/jaccesswalker/jaccesswalker.cpp
So it is a defined, known, compatible version.