RFR: 8270915: GIFImageReader disregards ignoreMetadata flag which causes memory exhaustion

Jayathirth D V jdv at openjdk.org
Thu Oct 6 05:43:40 UTC 2022

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 22:05:14 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > I have updated readMedata() to also use ReaderUtil.staggeredReadByteStream() where we are allocating upfront memory based on parameters from metadata.
>
> Probably it is possible to create a small test just for this change?

Thanks for your review Sergey.
If i need to add tests for staggered read in this PR i need to create 3 different byte streams to capture all the scenarios and these streams will not be related to this bug.
I just added staggered read approach in readMetadata() as it is now time tested and acts as a barrier for corrupt header parameters.