RFR: 8295007: javax/swing/JRadioButton/4314194/bug4314194.java fails in mach5 for WIndowLookAndFeel

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Sun Oct 9 15:29:55 UTC 2022

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 05:04:57 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> javax/swing/JRadioButton/4314194/bug4314194.java correct color pixels pixel % varies between 30% for Metal to about 20% for Nimbus to about 19% for Windows L&F. But Nimbus in linux correct color pixel % falls to about 14%
> so adjusted % tolerance check to 10
> Also, JDK-8075916 is fixed for NimbusL&F but same issue is present for GTK L&F which is to be addressed separately as JDK-8295006 so problemlisted for now

I propose using the ‘full block’ character (U+2588 █) which results in a text filled with the selected color. _The tolerance_ could be even increased in this case.

        checkBox = new JCheckBox("\u2588".repeat(5));
        radioButton = new JRadioButton("\u2588".repeat(5));

Otherwise, the test depends on the font used, if the strokes are thin, it may fail.

As I posted in the comment, the test should disable antialiasing and count the pixels of the correct color, it should ignore the pixels of the background color. To accommodate for anti-aliasing on macOS and rendering of the control itself, the tolerance which is already in place could be used. I can take on this improvement. Changing the text of the controls should already make the test robust enough.