RFR: 8294466: Minimize disabled warnings in java.desktop

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Mon Oct 24 03:47:49 UTC 2022

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 10:36:08 GMT, Magnus Ihse Bursie <ihse at openjdk.org> wrote:

> After JDK-8294281, it is now possible to disable warnings for individual files instead for whole libraries. I used this opportunity to go through all disabled warnings in java.desktop native libraries.
>
> Any warnings that were only triggered in a few files were removed from the library as a whole, and changed to be only disabled for those files.
>
> Some warnings didn't trigger in any file anymore, and could just be removed.
>
> (This is a reboot of https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/10453)

Looks OK. I mean it still builds, right ? That's the test here.
The only comment is that you established a sort-of precedent of including the 3rd party libs.
But I don't see the harm in the specific cases as these are ones here are ones we rarely update.
Just let's not try to do this for 3rd party libraries where there are lots of warnings across lots of files that change a lot as we update source and/or compiler.