RFR: 8295779: Xcode 14.0 fails to build jdk on m1 macos

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Mon Oct 24 04:11:46 UTC 2022

On Wed, 19 Oct 2022 15:33:31 GMT, Archie L. Cobbs <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Building on MacOS 12.6 M1 with Xcode 14.0 fails due to C compiler unused parameter warnings:
>
> Creating support/modules_libs/java.desktop/libosx.dylib from 1 file(s)

Nope. This isn't the right thing to do. This is a 3rd party library.
Go to upstream and request source code changes.
But you are too late. I submitted an upstream PR for this months ago
https://github.com/mm2/Little-CMS/commit/9575107f11fa0f8f326c88c8f730649be728d997
The 2nd case you cite is no longer in upstream as far as I can tel.
And we will be pulling in LCMS 2.14 in a couple of weeks.
If there's any outstanding issues it will be handled in that PR anyway.
So this PR should be withdrawn.