RFR: 8294807: Fix typos and clarify javadoc for SunToolKit.realsSync

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Mon Oct 24 04:40:46 UTC 2022

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 20:21:10 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I fixed the typo “serie” → "series" which was highlighted by a spellchecker.
>
> I also simplified the description, fixed the grammar, added `{@code}` around types, added link to `requestFocus` in the example.

src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/awt/SunToolkit.java line 1446:

> 1444:      * return no additional Java events will be generated, unless
> 1445:      * caused by user. Obviously, the method cannot be used on the
> 1446:      * event dispatch thread (EDT). In case it gets

since we are being picky about grammar here, let's write "caused by the user"

And "In case it gets invoked on this thread" - > "If it is invoked on the EDT"

Ah .. whatever .. just fix grammar without going overboard here.
The bug summary about "javadoc" makes this sound like spec but is is NOT.
It is INTERNAL CODE COMMENTS. Really this is hardly worth more than a few minutes of anyone's time.
And (as Sergey is perhaps hinting at) we really don't want to encourage EVEN TESTS to be going here.
If Robot tests need this we should be pondering an API level fix instead ..