RFR: 8295248: JEditorPane HTML form with multi-selection broke data after resetting [v3]

Damon Nguyen dnguyen at openjdk.org
Tue Oct 25 05:07:33 UTC 2022

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 04:27:15 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Toshio Nakamura has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Fixed space
>
> Can you try again to describe the issue ?
> The bug summary is misleading I'm sure. "Drawing" as in RENDERING is NOT broken.
> I think you are trying to say something about expectations for what item(s) are selected ..
> Perhaps what is missing is a PROPER explanation of what you think reset and submit should do and so forth.
> And this looks like one of those "tiny" changes which are "completely harmless" but you have said NOTHING about what wider testing you've done on other cases. Fix one case != make things uniformly better ..

@prrace has a good point here. I had to review the JBS and changes to really understand the issue. I guess the point is, why does model's removeIndexInterval not do what it should do here?

Visually clearSelection fixes the issue, but removeIndexInterval explicitly updates the states of the indexes in the method's body. clearSelection instead calls removeSelectionInterval which might do the same in a roundabout way.

I ran some tests on my end, and I still believe this fix is probably OK. It's just maybe better to explain more in depth why clearSelection is a suitable replacement for the removeIndexInterval block.