RFR: 8293811: Provide a reason for PassFailJFrame.forceFail

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Wed Sep 14 16:38:22 UTC 2022

Add `forceFail` implementation which allows passing the reason why the test is failed.

I used the newly added method `forceFail(reason)` instead of throwing an exception in `PrintAllPagesTest`. When the test is run outside of jtreg and printing is cancelled, the the test UI becomes “hung”: clicking Pass or Fail or closing windows does not stop the test.

I also converted the `ret` field to local variable.

In addition to this, I reduced the size of the test frame, its size of 1000×800 doesn't fit even full HD screens when positioned close to the instruction frame.

Commit messages:
 - Reduce the frame size where the table is displayed
 - 8293811: Provide a reason for PassFailJFrame.forceFail

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/10269/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=10269&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8293811
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/10269/head:pull/10269