RFR: 4668290: unclear spec for Polygon.bounds field

SWinxy duke at openjdk.org
Mon Sep 26 02:33:25 UTC 2022

New documentation replaces the `This value can be null.`:

When created, {@link #invalidate() invalidated}, or {@link #reset() reset},
this becomes {@code null}. To get out of the null state,
{@link #getBounds()} called with {@link #npoints} being greater than
{@code 0} will transfer into a non-null {@link Rectangle}.

I think I've got the reason for why it can be `null` correct, but you never know.

In javax.swing.text.html.Map, I've replaced setting the field to null with the equivalent #invalidate(). This may mean we can make the field private in the future.

Commit messages:
 - 4668290: unclear spec for Polygon.bounds field

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/10417/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=10417&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-4668290
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/10417/head:pull/10417