RFR: 8289539: The color returned by CheckBox.interiorBackground is incorrect

Jayathirth D V jdv at openjdk.org
Tue Sep 27 09:04:13 UTC 2022

On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 06:59:59 GMT, Tejesh R <tr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The color returned for `InteriorBackground` property is the default color used for only _WindowsClassicLookAndFeel_. For _WindowsLookAndFeel_ the `InteriorBackground` color is not been used when checkbox paint happens. In _WindowsLookAndFeel_ the CheckBox check/uncheck is drawn using `ImageCache` which is totally independent of `InteriorBackground` color in which the user expects it to be.
> The proposed fix is to return null for _WindowsLookAndFeel_ (which is what happens in other LookAndFeel like Metal/Synth/Motif/Aqua ) and return default color which is the actual color used in _WindowsClassicLookAndFeel_.

There are multiple ImageCache/ImageBuffer pointers, Please point to github source code. I think we should find how this ImageCache knows why it should use "blue" colored bitmap and try to replicate the same for interiorBackgroundColor property. Since we don't have such property in other LAF's, we should avoid replicating same behaviour(of returning null) in Windows LAF.