RFR: JDK-8015739: Background of JInternalFrame is located out of JInternalFrame [v3]

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.org
Thu Sep 29 19:51:22 UTC 2022

On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 18:16:39 GMT, Harshitha Onkar <honkar at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JInternalFrame background color seems to overflow into the border region. This issue is more prominently seen on Windows - Metal LAF (with fractional scaling, as shown below). The primary reason is border scaling issue as observed in - [JDK-8279614](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8279614)
>>
>> The fix involves a similar approach as described here https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/7449#issuecomment-1068218648. The test checks the midpoint and corners of borders to check if the internal frame's background color is located out of JInternalFrame.
>>
>> ![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/95945681/190233555-a7e00f2c-9003-4c11-84fb-207957838c2f.png)
>
> Harshitha Onkar has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   added local variable for scaled corner

test/jdk/javax/swing/JInternalFrame/InternalFrameBorderTest.java line 82:

Are there any differences for the test instructions on mac and linux? If not then why do we keep two identical test headers instead of one that covers both mac and linux with tag `@requires (os.family == "linux" | os.family == "mac")` ?