RFR: 8304825: MacOS metal pipeline - window isn't painted if created during display sleep

Ajit Ghaisas aghaisas at openjdk.org
Mon Apr 3 12:20:57 UTC 2023

On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 14:39:12 GMT, Alexey Ushakov <avu at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Use one display link thread per MTLContext. Adjust the refresh rate with the current display.

I modified the patch to add back `blitCommandQueue` and tested. Below is the comparison between performance results for a build without this PR & a build with (this PR + adding back `blitCommandQueue`)

- on x64 based systems : Swingmark performance is back to normal, but, one of the J2DBenchmark test shows 20% degradation.
- on aarch64 based systems : Swingmark performance still indicates  -15%  (It was -20% without adding back the `blitCommandQueue`

This testing indicates that there is an additional performance hit due to the change in logic apart from `blitCommandQueue` removal.