RFR: 4130823: Not painting focus when the radio button has only icon [v3]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Fri Apr 7 04:47:44 UTC 2023

On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 07:01:15 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Although the issue here is asking about not painting focus when it has icon, however it seems Windows does not draw focus rect for radiobutton at all so instead of closing this as "Not an issue" it is made to not draw the focusrect even when there is text
>>
>> This is what can be seen in windows system setting
>>
>> ![systemsetting-nofocusrect](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/43534309/227118784-97d6231d-beb4-4fc9-b760-c47e95817592.png)
>>
>> and notepad
>>
>> ![notepad-nofocus](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/43534309/227118824-9d02329f-396d-43b3-aa68-927009a1bd57.png)
>>
>> We have currently
>>
>> ![beforefix-dashrect](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/43534309/227119231-19feb2fd-203b-48a2-9e59-62ab63b51ccc.png)
>>

>> and after fix
>>
>> ![afterfix-nodashrect](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/43534309/227119263-09be94e2-c6cc-4d7b-9449-a860aabca572.png)
>
> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Test added

OK. I see the focusrect when TAB is pressed and it makes sense to show the focusrect to indicate where's the focus..I got misled by default no focusrect on the system settings.
I guess back to the original bug, then we have to draw the focus for only icons (without text) too but I couldn't find any system settings with that, how they behave..Did you happen to see any such settings?