RFR: 8305427: Write a test Check whether focus changes as expected when requestFocus is used to traverse randomly around the window [v2]

Damon Nguyen dnguyen at openjdk.org
Fri Apr 7 17:40:44 UTC 2023

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 11:47:06 GMT, Ravi Gupta <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This testcase Checking whether the Component becoming the Focus Owner and FocusEvent.FOCUS_GAINED will be received by the Component when the focus is requested on the component using requestFocus.
>>
>> Testing:
>> Tested using Mach5(20 times per platform) in macos,linux and windows and got all pass.
>
> Ravi Gupta has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   8305427: code formatting

Test passes on my local MacOS machine.

Question: The title and bug description mentions testing requestFocus but this test uses requestFocusInWindow. Are you actually testing the right thing here?

Also are you covering enough UI components? I'm not sure the exact purpose of this test, but only CheckBox, Choice, TextField, and List are calling requestFocusInWindow. Button is being clicked by Robot instead. Then there's TextAreas and ScrollBar as other UI components to name a few.