RFR: 6176679: Application freezes when copying an animated gif image to the system clipboard

Jayathirth D V jdv at openjdk.org
Thu Apr 13 04:57:44 UTC 2023

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 04:19:50 GMT, Rajat Mahajan <rmahajan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Will the generated GIF file be animated ?, because this only happens with animated GIFs. And why is it better than having the GIF file itself ?

As previously mentioned we have animation tests for GIF under test/jdk/javax/imageio/plugins/gif which don't use GIF file input.
We try to avoid adding new image file to JDK repo whenever we have some ImageIO test because it increases the size, so its better to use stream or create and delete temp file in regression tests.