RFR: 8299592: Fix and reenable warnings in java.desktop native code compilation [v3]

Daniel Jeliński djelinski at openjdk.org
Thu Apr 13 07:13:44 UTC 2023

On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 20:29:19 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Daniel Jeliński has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 10 commits:
>>
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin' into awt-warning-cleanup
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin' into awt-warning-cleanup
>>  - Copyright
>>  - snprintf
>>  - cl analyze
>>  - Fix non-debug warning
>>  - Restore suppressions
>>  - Fix warnings
>>  - WIP: reenable awt warnings
>>  - Fix warnings
>
> make/modules/java.desktop/lib/Awt2dLibraries.gmk line 141:
>
>> 139:     DISABLED_WARNINGS_gcc_SurfaceData.c := unused-value, \
>> 140:     DISABLED_WARNINGS_gcc_TransformHelper.c := sign-compare, \
>> 141:     DISABLED_WARNINGS_clang_awt_ImagingLib.c := deprecated-non-prototype, \
>
> I see you declared the functions as `inline`, it was probably the intention for declaring them in the header file.
>
> Did it not resolve `deprecated-non-prototype` warning? If not, did you submit another bug to address it?

Thanks for reviewing!

I didn't see the warning in mach5 build. However, the warning was not related to inline declarations. See [JDK-8300169](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8300169) where the warning was reported; the compiler complained that `sMlibFns.fptr` does not have a prototype. See the declaration:
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/0deb648985b018653ccdaf193dc13b3cf21c088a/src/java.desktop/share/native/libawt/awt/medialib/awt_ImagingLib.h#L35
I'm pretty sure that given the right compiler, the warning would still appear.

After I filed the ticket for this change, I found [JDK-8074823](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8074823); let's use that to keep track of the remaining warnings.