RFR: 6176679: Application freezes when copying an animated gif image to the system clipboard [v2]

Rajat Mahajan rmahajan at openjdk.org
Fri Apr 14 22:48:41 UTC 2023

> **Problem:**
>
> On pressing the Copy button we keep waiting in AWT-EventQueue thread in reconstruct() function as we detect that we have missing information for the animated image since we are copying single frame at a time.
> Due to this infinite wait the application freezes.
>
> **Proposed Fix:**
>
> There are conditions in the reconstruct() function that avoid entering the wait() code if we have some error reading the image , etc. So, I added the condition to avoid entering the wait() code if we are copying single frame at a time. This sounded logical to me since if we have incomplete information(single frame) about the animated image we shouldn’t keep waiting, as it leads to infinite wait.
> After this change I see the GIF image being correctly copied and animated.
>

> **Testing:**
>
> Added a test for this (bug6176679.java) and tested locally on my Windows machine and on mach5.

Rajat Mahajan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  code cleanup and test changes as requested in code review

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13414/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13414/files/12631838..ea200b96

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=13414&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=13414&range=00-01

  Stats: 355 lines in 4 files changed: 169 ins; 184 del; 2 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/13414/head:pull/13414