RFR: 8306067: Open source AWT Graphics, GridBagLayout related tests

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Mon Apr 24 03:13:53 UTC 2023

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 21:15:49 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This opensources few AWT Graphics & GridBagLayout tests
>
> test/jdk/java/awt/Graphics/GetGraphicsTest.java line 35:
>
>> 33: import java.awt.Graphics;
>> 34:
>> 35: public class GetGraphicsTest {
>
> What this test is expected to test? the getBackground/getForeground/getFont seems to be all unused.

As the test summary mentioned, it supposed to "Check getGraphics doesn't throw NullPointerExcepton for invalid colors and font"...the closed test was also like it...was applet based which is just converted to use BufferedImage.getGraphics to be a headless test..
Seems [4746122](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-4746122):Failed to load applet fix is about applet,
Once comment in the bug says

The problem is applet overrides Component.getBackground()/getForeground() to
return null. So SunGraphics2D is created with null params

 so I guess this test is redundant now and we can remove..please suggest..