RFR: JDK-8292276 : Add named colors from CSS Color Module Level 4 [v29]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Mon Aug 7 18:50:44 UTC 2023

On Mon, 7 Aug 2023 14:08:13 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Delay due to the reorganization of my contribution schedule caused by new requests.
>
>> @scientificware Please do not rebase or force-push to an active PR as it invalidates existing review comments. Note for future reference, the bots always squash all changes into a single commit automatically as part of the integration. See [OpenJDK Developers’ Guide](https://openjdk.org/guide/#working-with-pull-requests) for more information.
>
> I see you merged master. In this case, force-push shouldn't be necessary unless your local branch diverged from your remote one.
>
> This is what I usually do to sync:
>

> git checkout master
> git pull upstream master
> git push upstream master
>
> I run these three commands before creating a new branch and whenever I need to get latest changes.
>
> To update another branch, merge master into it:
>
> git checkout <branch-you-work-on>
> # Pull any changes from remote, just in case
> git pull origin <branch-you-work-on>
> # Now merge master into the branch
> git merge master -m 'Merge master'
> # If there are any conflicts, resolve them and commit
> git push origin <branch-you-work-on>
>
> Replace `<branch-you-work-on>` with a real name of your branch.
>
> I hope it helps in the future.

> @aivanov-jdk Thanks for helping.
>
> In fact my problem comes from the file permission of the `configure` file in my local branch which has moved from 644=rw-r--r-- (not executable) to 755=rwxr-xr-x (executable). That's why pushing always included `configure` file in my commits.

Set the [`core.filemode`](https://git-scm.com/docs/git-config#Documentation/git-config.txt-corefileMode) property to `false` (see [example](https://git-scm.com/docs/git-config#_example)):

git config core.filemode false

You may want to set this property globally, add `--global` to the command-line then.

Also see [this answer](https://stackoverflow.com/a/1580644/572834) to [How do I make Git ignore file mode (chmod) changes?](https://stackoverflow.com/q/1580596/572834) on Stack Overflow.

Without setting this property to `false`, especially on Windows in Cygwin environment, you would often commit files that have executable permissions set.