RFR: 8264728: When use chinese IME, the candidate box isn't moved with caret of JTextArea [v2]

Nikita Provotorov duke at openjdk.org
Thu Aug 17 19:23:34 UTC 2023

On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 18:27:27 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi, guys! I want to notice that JetBrains is working on the issue too and we're going to propose our own fix.
>
> @NikitkoCent you wrote "Hi, guys! I want to notice that JetBrains is working on the issue too and we're going to propose our own fix."
>
> So I think we are waiting to see what that might be ..
>
> What is the status of that ? Is there a reason you think you have a better fix ?

@prrace, hello!
OMG, I didn't know that the review comments don't appear until you press the "Submit review" button. I left them a few month ago and thought that just nobody cared.

About the plans: I'm going to release a preview build of our JVM (JBR) with the patch solving this problem in a few weeks, polish it according to the feedback and then propose the patch to OpenJDK.