RFR: 8312555: Hieroglyphs aren't stretched by AffineTransform.scale(2, 1)

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Thu Aug 17 21:29:38 UTC 2023

>>> 49:  * @test
>>> 50:  * @key headful
>>
>> I don't see anything in this test that requires headful.
>
> Ah, I see you wrote
> "The test could be headless, but headless systems, especially with Linux, don't have fonts installed.
> Without fonts, the test is useless, therefore I made it headful."
>
> In fact they should. We already require this. And it really would be just Linux that's an issue and FWIW I doubt you'll
> find CJK fonts with embedded bitmaps on Linux anyway. Microsoft are the only OS vendor that make much use of them.

Right, the problem is reproducible on Windows only.

Initially, the test was headless. I ran the test of a headless Linux system, it had no fonts which could display the Japanese hieroglyph. (Not a CI system though.) I confirmed it by adding a `println` statement into `testFont` method. That's why I changed the test to be headful.

The test correctly works on headless Windows systems, I tested it.