RFR: 8292588: [macos] Multiscreen/MultiScreenLocationTest/MultiScreenLocationTest.java: Robot.mouseMove test failed on Screen #0 [v4]

Damon Nguyen dnguyen at openjdk.org
Wed Feb 1 23:26:23 UTC 2023

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 23:19:35 GMT, Alisen Chung <achung at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Fixed test bug where mouse location was being calculated before robot mouseMove operation was complete
>
> Alisen Chung has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains five additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openjdk/jdk into 8292588/MultiScreenLocationTest
>  - added debug statements
>  - re-test
>  - Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/openjdk/jdk into 8292588/MultiScreenLocationTest
>  - added robot wait to prevent mouse position from being calculated before robot finishes mouseMove

test/jdk/java/awt/Multiscreen/MultiScreenLocationTest/MultiScreenLocationTest.java line 97:

> 95: //            if (!Util.testBoundsColor(bounds, color, 5, 1000, robot)) {
> 96: //                throw new RuntimeException(getErrorText("Robot.getPixelColor", i));

Why was this commented out? And if it's commented out, isn't it better to just be removed? It still seems to pass with it included.

I tested with the newest changes. It passes on my local machine running macOS Monterey 12.3.1 using dual monitors. The test does create a yellow frame on both monitors and the color check passes in the test. I ran the test 5 times locally without any failures.