RFR: 6753661: JFileChooser font not reset after Look & Feel change [v2]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Fri Feb 3 04:29:55 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2 Feb 2023 20:40:24 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Iterate all installed L&F
>
> test/jdk/javax/swing/JFileChooser/JFileChooserFontReset.java line 58:
>
>> 56:             SwingUtilities.updateComponentTreeUI(fc);
>> 57:             System.out.println("Nimbus font " + fc.getFont());
>> 58:             SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(() -> setLookAndFeel(laf));
>
> This will test the uninstallDefaults for the Nimbus only. I think you need to iterate all L&F twice and for the different ones check that the font will be changed(if L&Fs use different fonts).

It tests for Nimbus as the fix is for that only.
It tests transition from Metal/Motif/Windows/WIndowsClassis->Nimbus->Metal/Motif/Windows/WindowsClassis for windows platform, say.
We can enhance the test to test other L&F uninstallDefaults as part of test enhancement exercise in a separate JBS, which I dont think is needed for this nimbus JBS fix.
I hope it should not be a problem and should not be a blocker for this fix approval..