RFR: 6513512: MetalLookAndFeel.initClassDefaults does not install an entry for MetalMenuBarUI [v4]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Fri Feb 3 17:58:54 UTC 2023

On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 17:42:14 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I can only say what I see as per code so I am not sure if it is meant or designed to be that way You might be right on the last statement. Since there are only one implemented Metal theme, I dont know for sure if it is meant to be or just done for convenience
>
> If you are not sure, we can close it as "Wont fix"

And leave it that the implementation contradicts the specification ?

And If I am writing a new Theme do I really have to know which UI classes are always installed ? Its crazy.

Let's go back to the beginning.
What would happen if you DID register all Metal*UI classes for all themes ?
Even if it isn't used, what would go wrong ?