RFR: 8301443: Clean broken comments from Windows code [v2]

Weijun Wang weijun at openjdk.org
Sun Feb 5 17:30:48 UTC 2023

On Sun, 5 Feb 2023 15:55:29 GMT, Julian Waters <jwaters at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I used to have Visual Studio compilers available in my Cygwin environment. Now I don't, I just point the `configure` script to the batch file which configures the environment.
>>
>> If this command is supposed to be run in `cmd.exe`, then `^` makes more sense: one could just copy & paste the command.
>
> I've just tried copying and pasting the command with ^ instead of \ and cmd doesn't seem to be correctly reading the compile command either even with ^, is there something I'm missing here?

I don't know. I'm quite sure I was using the full command in `cmd.exe` after calling some `vcvars64.bat`. I added the `` character because it's a little long to be recorded here. I don't really care which separator is used. You can remove the `` character. We don't need to spend too much time on this.